Teledyne DALSA’s GEVA-300 is a compact vision system for multi-camera applications, such as final inspection of large assemblies.
The six high bandwidth Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) ports are compatible with a wide range of GigE cameras, which can be mixed to suit the application need, and the fanless design of the GEVA-300 means it is rugged and reliable enough for harsh factory applications. Camera expansion is easily accommodated using commercially available network technologies, allowing large configurations to be realized with much lower system cost.
The GEVA-300 vision system is based on the Intel dual-core ATOM architecture that offers low power consumption and solid performance for a wide range of machine vision applications. The vision system can also be expanded with an optional PL-USB companion module that offers I/Oexpansion and easy integration of up to four Teledyne DALSA Genie cameras.
The GEVA-300 provides a number of external interfaces for system integration. In addition to the six Gigabit Ethernet ports (four of which are typically used for connecting cameras), it includes dedicated display and USB ports for setup and run-time control, and a serial port for factory communication. Camera triggering, strobe outputs and opto-isolated I/O are interfaced using the companion PL-USB module.
Vision solutions on the GEVA-300 are set up using Teledyne DALSA’s iNspect or Sherlock application software. The iNspect software is easy to use and requires little or no prior vision experience, while the Sherlock software offers greater flexibility to tackle more challenging inspection tasks. Both software packages offer a wide selection of tools and capabilities for applications requiring positioning, identification, verification, measurement, and flaw detection.
- Dual Core Atom @ 1.8 GHz for low cost multi-camera deployment
- 2 GB program memory, 40 GB SSD storage
- 6 GigE ports with independent PCIe lanes for cameras and networking
- 3 USB ports, 1 RS-232, VGA display for direct connect display with high resolution
- 0-45°C fanless design provides a rugged and reliable platform for factories
- 42x145x198mm, DIN mount design makes the GEVA-300 easy to mount, consumes less panel space
- I/O support via external PL-USB, makes it easy to integrate with Genie cameras
- Win7 Embedded 64-bit O/S with write filter protects drive image when power is lost
- iNspect Express and Sherlock 64-bit software for greater performance and efficiency
Teledyne DALSA, Inc.
605 McMurray Rd
Waterloo, ON N2V2E9
Tel: +1 519-886-6000
Fax: +1 519-886-0185