Ultimaker introduced its Ultimaker 3 industrial-grade, dual-extrusion 3D printer featuring an advanced material recognition system and material-matching swappable print cores.
This dual-extrusion 3D printer combines build and water-soluble support materials to create complex mechanical parts and intricate surfaces in two colors. Water soluble support structures help build intricate structures and complex mechanical parts. The unique auto nozzle-lifting system delivers a smooth, professional finish. The customized nozzle geometry per material ensures lower clogging risks.
The cooling system comprises two radial fans and fan shrouds. This creates greater pressure build-up for an improved airflow, enabling high quality bridging, faster print runs and smooth print surfaces.
The NFC scanner allows the Ultimaker 3 to detect and identify the material being used, and then check that the corresponding filament and print core are correct.
Accompanying Cura software creates optimized print profiles that establish the best print settings per material and recognize which print core and material is being used.
The range of materials supported by this dual-extrusion 3D printer include Nylon, PLA, ABS, CPE, PVA, and will soon include CPE+, PC, and TPU 95A.
- Dimensions with bowden tube and spool holder: 342 x 505 x 588 mm (13.5 x 19.9 x 23.1 inches)
- Weight: 10.6 kg (374 ounces)
- Layer resolution: 40 mm
- Nozzle: 200 to 20 microns
- Build plate: 20 ˚C to 100 ˚C heated glass build plate
- Build plate leveling: Active leveling
- Print technology: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Print head: Dual extrusion print head
- Print core replacement: Swappable print cores
- Build speed : 0.40 nozzle: up to 16 mm³/s
- Print head travel speed: 30 to 300 mm/s
- Feeder type: Dual geared feeder
- XYZ accuracy: 5, 12.5, 2.5 micron
4191 PN Geldermalsen
Tel: +31 345 712017