The compact PULS DIMENSION C-series DIN-rail DC-DC Converter CD5-series is ideal for adjustment or stabilization of output voltage in battery powered applications; isolation of input and output circuits to prevent ground (earth) loop problems; powering mobile devices such as ships, forklifts and trucks; and compensation for voltage drops on long DC power lines.
It is common for installers to forget that during the start of heavier loads such as motors, a high current peak occurs, leading to a significant voltage drop on the power cable. In this case, other sensitive loads which are connected to the same power line in parallel can often be shut down or restarted automatically because of the resultant voltage drop. This can cause significant down-time which means losses in system performance. A small CD5.241-L1 DC-DC converter can be easily installed into the circuit to convert this unwanted “fluctuating” voltage into stable source, and keep all loads powered by the same line continuously working.
CD5-series DC-DC Converter Features:
- Galvanic isolated DC output voltage
- Wide operational temperature range from -25°C to 70°C, with no output de-rating up to 60°C
- Parallel use to increase output power (below 45°C)
- 20% output power reserves, which can be used continuously at temperatures up to 45°C
- Small unit size 32W*124H*102D mm, suitable for any small cabinet and can also require very little space on DIN-rail
- Soft start function built-in
- Active inrush current limit
- Reverse input polarity protection
- Comprehensive standards and certifications
- Available in 24V/24V, 24V/12V, 48V/24V variants.
In addition to the UL508, UL60950, UL1604, NEC II, GL approvals, the 24V/24V converters in the CD5-series have qualified for the explosion protection certification, ATEX Approval Zone 2 Category 3G.
Tel: +49 89 9278-0
Fax: +49 89 9278-199