Nidec-SHIMPO introduced its S-CART autonomous self-guided vehicle that can intelligently operate within its surroundings, and carries a maximum load up to 100 kg (220 lbs).
After the set-up of the work area, multiple routes can be quickly programmed for the AGV via the accompanying tablet.
Obstacle detection sensors and auto-off contact bumper, plus emergency override button provide added safety for congested path travel.
Innovative shadow technology follows a worker or another object, optimizing payload movement in a continuously changing operation.
Each autonomous self-guided vehicle has a compact, low-profile design with open architecture for a wide range of applications. The lithium ion battery lasts up to 8 hours.
- Guide-less running / no magnetic tape required
- Adapts to its surroundings
- Manual override with tablet touch joystick allows re-positioning at any time
- Multiple integral safety sensors
- Tablet-based app provides easy route set-up
- Top mounting plate designed for simple retrofitting of cages, shelves and similar transport holding equipment
1 Terada, Kohtari